At Arden, children must wear school uniform every day.
Our uniform is a visual statement of the values of the school and, by wearing the uniform, it shows that you and your child adhere to the school’s values, conduct and beliefs. It says “I belong, I am included and I am part of the Arden community.”
We believe that the wearing of school uniform also:
- promotes equality and inclusion;
- ensures the safety of pupils when on and off the school site;
- reduces peer pressure, bullying, social divides and distractions; and
- allows the children to be judged on who they are and not on what they wear.
The Department for Education believes uniform “can play a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of a school and setting an appropriate tone.” This is a view shared by Arden Primary School.
At the end of 2021, Parliament passed the Education (Guidance About the Cost of School Uniforms) Act.
The main provisions of the Act and how we propose to deal with these are:
- Parents should not have to think about the cost of a school uniform when choosing which school(s) to apply for. Arden Primary school has ensured the uniform is affordable.
- In considering cost, schools will need to think about the total cost of school uniforms, taking into account all items of uniform or clothing parents will need to provide while their child is at the school. Arden Primary School has reduced the number of logo items.
- Single supplier contracts should be avoided unless regular tendering competitions are run where more than one supplier can compete for the contract and where the best value for money is secured. This contract should be retendered at least every 5 years.
Arden Primary School does not have a single supplier but do recommend two suppliers for the logo items, Clive Mark and Mansuri, both of which have been provided with the school logo for printing. Parents can purchase non-logo items from other stores including supermarkets.
Summer Term Variations
- Grey shorts or burgundy/white checked dress
- White socks or leggings
- Burgundy school cap - for outdoors only
- Polo shirt
- Black shorts or black joggers
- Black pumps for indoor PE
- Black plain trainers for outdoor PE
- Black/dark coloured swimming trunks or dark coloured swimming costume. If required, dark fitted footless lycra leggings
- Swimming cap
- Waterproof swimming bag
A coat suitable for the season should be worn. Gloves, a hat and a scarf may be worn as required.
No jewellery is to be worn to school, except for:
- Wrist watch
- Sikh Kara
- Small stud earrings. These are permitted but must be removed on PE and swimming days (by the child or parent as teachers are not allowed to remove earrings).
All school uniform must be clearly labelled with the child’s full name and class.
Where to Buy Arden Uniform
The uniform supplier for Arden School is:
Address: 764 Stratford Road, Sparkhill, Birmingham. B11 4BP.
Telephone: 0121 778 2787.
Clive Mark Uniform - Will also design our logo uniform which you can order online and purchase from
Clive Mark Schoolwear (Kings Heath)
38-40 Poplar Road, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 7AD
Telephone: 0121 728 6860
We will also have regular sales of pre-used uniform. If you have any good quality (no holes) uniform to donate, please send it into school clean and ready to sell.