Hello my name is Mrs Saira Ahmed pleased to meet you! I am the new Parent Support Advisor at Arden Primary School. I will be working with parents, children, teachers and other professionals. I have been working in schools for over 15 years and am excited about now working in Arden.
What are my responsibilities?
• Act as a link between home and school including making home visits
• Offer a range of services to children and families requiring support and information
• Help children to increase school attendance and minimise absences
• Support parents in continuing to maintain a positive relationship with school
• To support parents by helping them improve their parenting skills, for example running basic parenting classes and other courses that would be appropriate
What kind of things will I approach parents for their support with?
• Attendance and Punctuality
• Home school relationships
* Parent/child relationships
• Routine and boundaries to support children’s behaviour
* Safeguarding concerns
I aim to strengthen the existing links between home and school and to support the positive engagement between parents and teachers by being the link between the two. Working in partnership will increase parent involvement which in turn will show children their parents are actively involved in their school life.
I will be holding weekly “Parent Drop In Sessions” where parents are welcome to come and see me in The Studio for any issues they may have. I am aware that the effects of the pandemic and subsequent lockdowns have had a huge impact on our community and families, there may be a number of issues our parents need support with or it could just be that you need a listening ear and someone to talk about your worries with. These sessions will be an opportunity for parents to come and get advice and for me to signpost or contact other professionals to support you if needed.
I would love to hear any ideas about how you would want me to support you all as parent/carers and will take these ideas back to Mrs Shergill and the management team.
Please do come and speak to me if you have any concerns, I can’t promise to have all the answers but I will try my best to offer support and advice and be that listening ear when needed.
My contact details are:
Contact number: 0121 675 7702
Parent Sessions in The Studio
Come and join us for some fantastic events this half term!
Family Support in School
You've Been Missed
The Birmingham #you'vebeenmissed campaign is to support children and young people through the recent COVID pandemic.
Parent Activities in the Community
A list of activities that you and your family might enjoy.
Parent Community Support
Support for parents through community based activities.