Welcome to Saplings!
Saplings is our SEN class that supports a small group of children with a range of needs including Autism, Down's Syndrome, learning difficulties, communication and interaction difficulties, social and emotional difficulties and physical and sensory needs.
Our teachers are Mrs Bradley, Mrs Sabanathan, Mrs Hodges, Mrs Ahmed and Miss Hall. This year we have welcomed new children into Saplings and our room has grown! Mrs M Begum and Mrs Hussain support these children.
Every morning we start with reading skills followed by Dough Disco, English, Just Dance, maths and handwriting. After lunch we come back to Saplings for phonics and reading. Some of us also have PSHEE and social skills group in Saplings in the afternoon. Children work in small groups with all of the teachers in Saplings and have opportunities for 1:1 activities each day to work on individual targets. We also do fine motor activities, sensory activities and exciting educational visits to support our understanding.
We hope that you enjoy seeing the exciting things that we have been up to.
Read about some of the things we've been getting up to:
- A Visit to Warley Woods - November 2019
- What is a Friend? - October 2019
- World Autism Awareness Week - April 2019
- Mother's Day Morning - March 2019
- Jack and the Beanstalk and Peter Pan - March 2019
- World Book Day - March 2019
- Winter Fundraising - December 2018
- Autumn in Cannon Hill Park - November 2018
Documents above are pdf files.