Welcome to Year 3!
Our vision is to create a happy learning environment in which children make excellent progress in their learning.
Year 3 is an important year for our children. We aim to make sure all children successfully make the transition from Year 2 to become increasing independent and responsible for their own learning.
Children in Year 3 are exposed to a range of topics as part of our creative curriculum. These include Ancient Egypt, Flight Engineers and Robots!
Our children are also lucky enough to learn to swim in Year 3. This is a wonderful experience and one which all children love.
As with any year, working in partnership with our parents and carers is so important if children are to fulfil their potential academically, socially and emotionally. We encourage regular contact with teaching staff and recognise the vital role a strong home-school relationship has.
Religious Education (RE) at Arden is aimed at develops an understanding of 24 different dispositions, which embrace all religions and recognise the children’s own religious experiences.
The teaching staff in Year 3 are Mr Strang and Mrs Ahmed.
Find out more about our learning in Year 3:
- Creative Curriculum: Autumn Term
- Creative Curriculum: Spring Term
- Creative Curriculum: Summer Term
- Meet the Teacher Presentation - September 2018
Read about some of the things we've been getting up to:
- Maths Skills - November 2018
- Cave Art - October 2018
- Our Visit to Warwick Castle - May 2018
- Egyptian Day - March 2018
- Stone Age Workshop - October 2017
- Analysing Newspapers in Literacy - December 2016
- Christmas Stockings - December 2014
- Robot Work in DT - March 2014
- World Book Week - March 2014
- Literacy Role Play - March 2014
Documents above are pdf files.
We love to read.
Sharing our ideas with others.
Parents helping us learn.
Using cubes to help us learn.
Using mod rock.
It is fun working together.