Welcome to Year 2!
Year 2 is an engaging and happy environment where children enjoy their learning working alongside their peers and their teachers. We have high expectations and offer support where necessary so that all children are able to reach their full potential.
Our Teachers are Miss Ijaz, Mr Bullock, Mrs Davies, Mrs Preston, Mrs Ahmed, Mrs R Begum, Mrs Bhamra and Mrs M Begum.
Teaching and learning will be aimed at ensuring children are fully prepared to complete their SATS in Reading and Maths.
The children are able to study a range of exciting topics during the course of the year including Superheroes as well as All Creatures Great and Small which is also supported by a hands on visit to Dudley Zoo!
Religious Education (RE) at Arden is aimed at develops an understanding of 24 different dispositions, which embrace all religions and recognise the children’s own religious experiences.
Find out more about our learning in Year 2:
- Creative Curriculum: Autumn Term
- Creative Curriculum: Spring Term
- Creative Curriculum: Summer Term
- Meet the Teacher Presentation - September 2018
Read about some of the things we've been getting up to:
- Macbeth - April 2019
- Maths Parent Workshop - April 2019
- Small Castle Theatre Company - January 2019
- Parents' Reading Workshop - January 2019
- English Activities - December 2018
- Shakespeare Week - November 2018
- Spelling Bee - December 2016
- Rockets - December 2016
- Life Cycles - October 2016
- Carrot Girl - November 2015
- Conkers - June 2015
Documents above are pdf files.
Children in Year 2 love to sing.
We learn more when we work together.
Conducting scientific experiments.
Working on our fractions.
Listening carefully to instructions.