Welcome to Year 1 - a classroom full of possibilities!
In Year 1 we create a happy, secure and stimulating learning environment where all children can grow in confidence and develop their full potential.
We enjoy an extensive and exciting curriculum which stimulates positive models of enquiry, reflection, challenge and innovation.
This year we are busy learning phonic sounds and preparing for our Phonics Test which will enable us to become fluent readers.
Our curriculum is based around themed topics which filter throughout all areas of learning. Our Topics include; Family Albums, Supermarkets, Pirates, Tea Parties and Carnivals.
The teaching staff in Year 1 are: 1D Mrs Butt, Mrs Bi and Mrs Hussain, 1E Mrs Clowes and Mrs Kouser and 1F Mrs Begum and Miss Butt.
We are all here to help, so please feel free to talk to us if you have any questions, concerns or queries.
Find out more about our learning in Year 1:
- Creative Curriculum: Autumn Term
- Creative Curriculum: Spring Term
- Creative Curriculum: Summer Term
- Meet the Teacher Presentation - September 2018
Read about some of the things we've been getting up to:
- Exploring the Nature Centre - May 2018
- Happy Mother's Day - March 2018
- Hobgoblins Theatre Company - March 2018
- World Book Day - March 2018
- Pirate Day - January 2018
- Our Christmas Bazaar - December 2017
- Our Trip to Conkers - April 2017
- Animals Topic - April 2017
- The Tiger Who Came To Tea - March 2017
- Pirates - January 2017
- Estimating and Weighing - December 2016
- Healthy Eating - November 2016
- Numeracy - October 2016
- Mother's Day Tea Party - March 2016
- Living Things - November 2015
- Numeracy - June 2015
- Plants and Conkers - May 2015
- Topic Work - October 2014
- Our Community - October 2014
Documents above are pdf files.
We love to read in Year 1.
We often work together.
Learning about the body.
We enjoy acting out our stories.
We love to cook.
Tasting food is always fun!
Look at the model I made!
Learning lots on a trip to the church.