Our Talk Ambassadors.
The Arden Talk Ambassadors are a group of pupils from Years 2 to 6 who represent the views of each class. This year, for the first time, our Talk Ambassadors have been elected by the students.
There are two Ambassadors representing every class. We are called Talk Ambassadors because we realise how important it is to be able to talk clearly and honestly to our peers. We hope to encourage them to share their views on life in school so we can make things better for everyone at Arden.
As a Talk Ambassador, we are learning lots of skills which we will need when we become adults. We are developing our confidence and improving our speaking and listening and public speaking skills.
Over the last few years the work of the Talk Ambassadors has contributed to:
- The design of lunch time menus;
- The type of after-school clubs run;
- The choice of playground equipment purchased;
- The choosing of new books for school;
- The design of new Year Group Libraries;
- The promotion of reading across school;
- The selling of poppies for the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal;
- Better understanding of what makes doing homework difficult;
- Improving the way homework is set in school to make it more engaging;
- Improved health and safety on the playground at break and lunch times;
- Improvements to the lunchtime dining hall experience;
- A cleaner outdoor environment through the purchase of bins and highlighting litter issues;
- A review of tuck sold in the tuck shop to promote healthy snacks and the drinking of water;
- Promoting good manners across school.
Since the beginning of the school year, we have been busy conducting interviews with students about their thoughts and feelings about school life. We hope to use our research findings to help us develop strategies and projects in the coming year.
- We designed and conducted a school-wide vote on whether Arden should stop selling plastic water bottles. Watch this space for the results!
- After speaking with our kitchen team, we managed to get toast reintroduced to breaktime tuck.
- We have created a new Talk Ambassador logo to accompany our promotional work.